When we observer in everyday life, we see many things are in motion. We see birds fly in the air, they are
in motion. We see bus, car , bicycle etc. all are in motion. Even the sun, moon and stars are in motion.
According to science, if we have to define motion. We can say that motion is the change in
position of an object with respect to its surrounding in a given interval of time.
Types of Motion:
- i. Transitional :
- It is a type of motion, where an object moves along a path in any of the three dimension.
- ii. Rotational :
- It is a type of Motion , where an object moves along a circular path in a fixed axis.
- iii. Linear :
- It is similar to transition motion, where an object moves in a single direction along a
- iv. Periodic :
- A motion that repeat itself after a certain interval of time.
- v. Simple Harmonic :
- It is a special type of Periodic Motion where the restoring force on the moving
object is directly proportional to the objects displacement magnitude and acts towards the objects
- vi. Projectile :
- A motion with both Horizontal and vertical displacement.
- vii. Oscillatory Motion :
- It is a repetitive motion within a given time frame. Same motion
in Mechanical nature is called vibration.